Saturday, September 24, 2011

Highlights


Considering how far we've come on our roadtrip (Esther and Scarlett and I),
i figured it was high time to update my blog.
The 2 pictures below are from 2 of my favorite places so far,
Old Woman Bay on Lake Superior and Le Basilique Notre-Dame in Montreal.
Both came at JUST the right moment.....

Old Woman Bay, ON



La Basilique Notre-Dame, Montreal QC


Visiting the Basilica was a really significant time for myself (and Esther). I'd woken up in a complete muck, not sure why things were so...foggy?...in my mind so we stopped at Starbucks to have a bible + coffee break. I'd been reading Hebrews lately so I opened up to chapter 7, and about 1/2 way through the chapter I realized what God was saying to me. Let me tell you, I almost started crying right there! (Side Note or maybe not so "side": you should read Hebrews 7. Go do it now. It's absolutely wonderful.) Anyways, God completely lifted the fog from my brain. And visiting the Basilica ties into all this because the moment I walked in it was like the peace of God descended on me. We spent quite a while in there just praying and being still, and left really refreshed. If you ever get a chance to visit Montreal make sure you take the time to stop by the Basilica. It will be well worth your time! (Also, ridiculously beautiful, have you seen the picture???)
Old Woman Bay was just a really really wonderful break in a 30 hour drive. We drove around a corner and all of a sudden it was right in front of us. "Should we?" asked Esther and then just pulled into the parking lot. Good decision! The sun was just going down, the waves were HUGE and blue and crashing on the shore (soft white sand....mmmm) and we were basically the only people there. Oh and then yes, we drove for 30 hours. So it was a good thing we stopped there.

No comments: